Hello Sunny SunYogis!
It's a wrap! As the SunYoga year comes to a close, (last class this Saturday 17/12), the time has come for a little wrap up and some info about our new year of activities.
Firstly, a massive thankyou to all of you for supporting my work this year. The trust and faith that you have in my teaching amazes me and I am deeply grateful. I cannot be a teacher without you, and you are also all my teachers, so thanks again and here's too progressing forward into 2017.
2016 has been a good year for SunYoga. Classes and retreats have rolled along peacefully with many memorable moments. A personal highlight was our beautiful, week long retreat in tropical Mission Beach, North Queensland, in May. It was a lovely bunch of participants; a very friendly, relaxed bunch and boy did we have fun! There was so much laughter. A memory that I will never forget was our HILARIOUS, experimental, aqua yoga session in the gorgeous, warm, tropical sea. Think aqua aerobics mixed with Esther Williams and floating asanas... Silly and ridiculous, and I'm not sure that it will ever happen again, (ever tried to OM under water?).
Personally my year has also mostly been a goodie. Becoming a pawrent of my two (now 1 year old) furbabes, Bunya & Chumley, is truly wonderful. They are lovely little souls who enrich my life, giving so much joy and companionship. Yoga is the natural state of all animals and they show me how to Be. They grace me with their deep, still bliss, and their senses wide open, passionate participation in life. Their arrival and constancy has helped me to reground and recommit to life on my little patch of earth in sunny Sunshine.
(beautiful Chumley & Bunya)
Coming up for me in January 2017 is a trip to India. YAHOO. I am very fortunate to be invited by my sister as her companion. I will be travelling to places I have not visited before with my sister and I am also going on a 7 day retreat. 10 years I ago I travelled to India to attend my first ever retreat; a 3 week marathon of extra strong asana practice, meditation and silence. As challenging as it was, it was the start of deepening into a richer yoga experience and triggered a huge opening of many doorways. I am hugely excited to go back and open up again to this chaotic, rich and incredible birthplace of yoga, and I look forward to weaving any new insights back into the new year of teaching. I will be away during January and will be uncontactable whilst on retreat, but I'll be checking and responding to emails (not phone) every few days for most of the trip.
So what's the goss for SunYoga in 2017?
Read more about retreats
- I have altered the timetable by cutting back from 3 evening classes to 2. The Monday night class in Footscray will not continue in 2017, (big sorry if this class is your fave!). To compensate for the loss of this class the Thursday night session in Albion has been extended and will start at the later time of 6.30 pm. Read more below...
- Term Costs have been simplified. From 2017 there is one term rate for all timetable classes. The new term, early bird rate for all classes is $15 per class. To be eligible for this very reasonable rate please book and pay upfront no later than Monday, January 30th. The new flat casual rate will be $20 per class. Read more below...
- NEW Sunday Morning Class in the Park. To celebrate summer I will be teaching BAREFOOT yoga every Sunday in February at 9.30 am in Selwyn Park. Doing yoga in the outdoors is expansive, fun and somewhat unpredictable! As we do our yoga the life of the park shifts and changes, sharpening our senses and experience of yoga. Each class will be an organic hour of gentle moving, stretching, breathing, a little low impact exercise and resting under the sky.
- Retreat treats in 2017. We're going back to beautiful Sanctuary Retreat at Mission Beach in September for a week of yoga and adventure, and you are invited! Plus, I am also teaching 2 weekend retreats at Clearview in Victoria. The first one entitled Coming Home is in March, and the second, a special winter solstice retreat, is in mid June.
So, dear readers, as we find ourselves amidst the cyclonic intensity of the silly season and hurtling inevitably towards the dawn of another year, take care and enjoy what life has to offer. If you are feeling the pressure (instead of the pleasure) of all the festivities and feel yourself getting out of sorts then perhaps pause for a moment and:
- feel your feet firmly planted on the ground
- let the breath flow and deepen
- observe any inner turmoil and let go of whatever you are clinging onto...
Seasons Greetings to you and your loved ones.
with much love and warmth,
Term 1 2017 - 8 weeks
9.30 - 10.30 am (Albion)
6.30 - 8 pm (Footscray)
T1 Feb 7 to Mar 28
6.30 - 7.45 pm (Albion)
T1 Feb 9 to Mar 30
8.30 - 10 am (Albion)
10.15 - 11.30 am (Albion)
T1 Feb 4 to Mar 25
NEW Barefoot Yoga in Selwyn Park.
Sink your toes into the lush green oval, open up to the big sky, & embrace the morning life...
9.30 - 10.30 am Sundays
Flat Rate of $15 per class
No need to book - just turn up.
Meet in Selwyn Park on the grass outside the Albion Community House
BYO hat, sunnies, a towel/yoga mat/sarong (for resting and lying down)
The class will go ahead weather permitting.
Not sure about weather? - Call Claire on the day between 8 & 9 am. 0448 074 204.
|This Saturday (17/12) is the last day of classes for the year. Would you like to book your spot for 2017? I'm away from Christmas until the end of January but will be monitoring emails every few days throughout the holiday season. To be absolutely sure of your spot reserve your place now!
0448 074 204
Term 1 Costs - 8 weeks
By the Term:
1 class per week
Full $128 / *$120 *Early Bird & Concession
($16 / EB $15 per class)
2 classes per week
$240 full/ *$224 *Early Bird & concession
($15 / EB $14 per class)
*EB - T1 Early Bird Special - Pay in full by Monday, January 30th
By the Class:
Drop in Casual - $20
Barefoot Yoga in the Park - $15
bsb - 063 172
account number - 1068 4549
Please include your name as a reference code and email me when you make your payment.